Not already receiving our news?
It’s quick and easy to sign up to receive our global news briefings.
Part of our core strategy at AXA - Global Healthcare is to always create propositions that support both you and your clients, in the most effective and innovative ways we can.
Real help, virtually anywhere
You should already be aware of the Virtual Doctor service – a 24/7 online doctor service, available on the phone or by video call and the Second Medical Opinion service.
Building on from these, the new Mind Health service is an integrated proposition that connects members with fully qualified psychologists over the phone. So, wherever they are in the world, your clients can get professional guidance in a setting of their choice, all through the ease of a phone call.
From 1st February 2021, your clients on individual and SME plans have access to this new service as standard across all levels of cover. For corporate schemes of 50 or more employees, the Mind Health service will be available as an option upgrade at renewal.
Introducing the Mind Health service from AXA
Mental health is no longer a subject to brush under the carpet. Listening to ourselves and taking empowered action shows true strength, not weakness.
It's not always the big changes in life that impact us either, it's those everyday things that can build up and affect our quality of life in many areas.
Here's a quick look at some of the member benefits:
- The Mind Health service is a much quicker route to having psychologist consultations than traditional face to face sessions, with the same level of care.
- 24-hour turnaround time from enquiry to psychological assessment.
- Available wherever they are in the world, in a setting of their choice.
- Up to six, 50-minute sessions with the same psychologist*.
- Consultations don't come out of members' policy benefits – helping their cover to stretch further.
*The Mind Health service provides customers with six sessions with a psychologist, per mind health concern, per year.
How does it work?
We're working with Advance Medical (a Teladoc Health company) to provide this service, you can be assured that all consultations are completely confidential.
Appointments can be requested 24/7, with psychologists available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (UK time).
To use the service, your clients need to be registered for the Virtual Doctor service. Activating their account only takes a few minutes, they'll just need to have their customer number to hand (excluding the INTL).
Check in with your clients and encourage them to activate their (or their employees') access, so help can be on hand at any time.
Cover for your SME clients, too
If your client's scheme covers less than 50 employees, the Mind Health service is included in their cover already, so they'll never be charged for using it.
A quick check of the benefits for your SME clients:
- Mind Health consultations aren't claims - they don't impact the claims spend or renewal premiums.
- A massively efficient referral to assessment timeframe.
- Not reliant on members self-referring, they're referred by a doctor.
- Different to a traditional Employee Assistance Programmes. This service is run by psychologists, not counsellors.
- Shows genuine motivation to provide employees with innovative support for their wellbeing and mental health as a key ethos.
- It's a service to support your client's most valuable assets – their people.
Support your clients with virtual services for better health
As part of our commitment to helping members build a better life, we want to provide not only the most innovative and efficient healthcare tools available, but offer a truly valuable, holistic and guided journey to all who use our Virtual Doctor, Second Medical Opinion and Mind Health services.
For more information on the new Mind Health service, get in touch with your AXA representative today.